A7V troubles

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
ok mobo trouble shooters,
this is the problem
This board will run but it wont recognize my video card or the sound card.
I get video but only the standard vga card, and no sound at all.
I dont get it. Its driving me crazy...:mad:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
how are you sure it is not recognizing them? are they plugged in?

are you sure both cards are not broken?

does windows just not detect anything or does it detect something but not accept the drivers you feed it?

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
yes both are plugged in.
for the video i can install windows but it doesnt recognize the card. i force the driver in and then it will not boot up just keeps rebooting itself.. I am gonna put the cards on my bp6 and see if it can find them. Ill keep ya posted.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Ok its official the board is bad. I tested all the other hardware in another system and it all works perfectly. So its time for a new one...

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
OK here is the kg7-no raid very sweet, dont know if i really need the raid option.

This is the firing squads final answer:

ABIT TH7-RAID Scoring
Feature set A+
Performance A+
Stability A+
Board Layout B

In our opinion, ABIT's KG7 comes the closest to reaching Socket A DDR perfection. Its feature set is the most complete, and with offerings in multiple segments (KG7-Lite, KG7, and KG7-RAID) ABIT certainly has all its bases covered. Board layout flaws aside, we're glad ABIT took their time with the KG7 to get everything right, as we've seen what can happen multiple times this year when products are rushed (the Gigabyte GA-7DXC and VIA's KT266 chipset (and the early motherboards it was built on) being the most recent examples).

Attachments

• kg7nraid.jpg
    kg7nraid.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 10