A DAY TO MOURN

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
New York said farewell to the first deputy fire commissioner, William M. Feehan, and other Fire Department leaders

Attachments

• nyc fire commissioner wh feehan-casket.jpg
    nyc fire commissioner wh feehan-casket.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 39

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
It's a sad day here. :cry:

You know what they say, hindsight is 20/20. I thank my brain for getting me the hell out of there but in retrospect, knowing now that after I evacuated my building, I wish I could have helped someone. It is so painful to look at all these people grieving and having 1.5+ hours to run 100 yards to help someone in trouble might have made a difference to someone.

One of our local police houses (6 blocks away from my house) were mourning fallen officers yesterday. They drove 100+ blocks to help these people and died. That was really when this hit home to me. Don't you think they wanted to run, yet they didn't...

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Huge
Don't you think they wanted to run, yet they didn't...
In my eyes, that is exactly what has made them forever American Heroes, because they put the well being of others above their own, they chose to save someone else's life without regard for their own life. But, for obvious reasons, there's no shame in running for your life. Nobody will think any less of you for getting your ass as far away from a collapsing building as you could.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Huge, I and everybody here is glad you did get your ass away from there before the buildings collapsed. It never occured to me, and prolly most other average americans that those buildings actually would fall. After they withstood the impact of the planes and continued to stand, I figured it was just a matter of evacuating. When the first tower started to crumble I was looking at live footage and I honestly thought they were doing some kind of ariel dump of water (or whatever they use) to try and douse the fire. I was stunned when I realized the building was caving in on itself.

S

s4

If you had been in the building when it went down Huge, I would have quit the internet never to return to it again. I know that may not sound all that great of a thing to say, but I cannot stand the thought of a friend being in that building. I can only imagine how those people that lost someone must feel.

Do not feel bad that you got out.

BigDadday

Everday People
OK Huge you don't know me as well but the above posts state what I would say to you as well. Never second guess yourself as it always will drive you up a wall. You are safe and that matters! BD

"May god have mercy on them because we won't"

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
The weird thing is, looking back of course, every day that I have class, i always pass by the Century 21 building which is in between the Millennium Hotel and 1 Liberty Plz. On that building is your standard clock that displays the current time and temp. I used to always play this game to predict the temperature and almost always I would be within +/- 5 degrees. The Monday a week before the attack, the clock was displaying fine but the temperature was going all over the place, from like 15 to 140 in random increments. So I'm staring up at it waiting to cross Church Street and I say to the guy besides me 'Isn't that unusual?". He looks and says "What's so ****ing unusual about the time and temperature?"

For the rest of the week, it stayed the same then i had a week off for labor day from class. I went back the Saturday before and it seemed liked it was fixed. The Monday before I skipped class because I was getting this weird vibe, but that didn't stop me from going to work on Tues...

People who know me know I don't like coincidences and I'm not saying that any of this is plausable. All I know is I have to :beerchug: a lot to keep the dreams away.

BigDadday

Everday People
Not trying to funny here but the alcohol has been flowing all over this coutry and possibly globe for some of the same reasons so I will jus join you in one m8. BD :beerchug:

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Let's just say Russia won't be hurting for all the vodka I bought.